I was tagged by Joi Podgorny to do this bit of viral nonsense, so here goes.
Here are the rules I must follow:
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own post about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
8 random things about me:
- I am father to a couple of 2-month-old twin baby girls.
- I left school in the middle of my senior to work in a chicken processing plant. I finished during summer school (while working night shift at the plant).
- I’m looking forward to becoming a cranky and eccentric old man.
- I can sing the Prologue to the Canterbury Tales to the tune of the Brady Bunch, in Middle English.
- I lived in China for a year, teaching English to adults and children, and practicing my Chinese on strangers.
- I spent last Christmas and New Year’s at a Buddhist temple on a mountain Brazil.
- The first time I shaved my head was when I was in London to speak at a virtual communities conference. I hadn’t bothered to get a haircut, and it was the only one I could successfully give myself.
- I continued shaving my head, and the first time I used the name “Monk” was when I worked as director of a computer camp for kids.
I don’t know 8 people to tag (who read my blog…50% of my readership is Joi, who is the one who tagged me), so I’m going to let this meme die a quiet death right here.