I’m a published children’s book author with 3+ years in publishing and 10+ years as a specialist in youth-focused virtual community and online marketing.
I recently joined Highlights for Children as Director, Children’s Digital Content.
The sort of stuff I’ve done:
- Created epic fantasy property called Kaimira, including five-book deal with Candlewick Press and Walker Books & “360-degree development deal” with BBC Worldwide
- Managing Director, Interactive for a branch of Thomson Corporation
- Developed MMOG story bibles for a Toronto-based nonprofit
- Contributed a chapter on “kids and digital ownership” for Settlers of the New Virtual Worlds
- Developed online safety e-learning modules for schoolteachers
- Regular conference speaker on “kids online” topics
- Performed online community consulting for Fox Kids Online
- Online privacy (COPPA) consulting for Back Yard Jungle, funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Director, summer computer camp for kids
- Published “kids online” articles
- Judge, Digital Communities category, Prix Ars prize
- Judge, Fantasy / Science Fiction category, 2007 Cybils award